ABB presents its new MegaFlex solution offering the most resilient and compact uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system on the market with a reduced footprint of up to 45 percent.
The MegaFlex solution delivers excellent availability and reliability, with the most compact footprint on the market, up to 45 percent smaller for the IEC version compared to competitor models of equal power rating. Despite its small footprint, the UPS also delivers impressive sustainable power technology with reduced energy losses due to high efficiency converters of up to 97.4 percent, adaptable to variable IT load.
This supports ABB Electrification’s Mission to Zero for smart cities, a vision for a zero-emission reality for all, and reinforces its commitment to offer safe, smart and sustainable power technologies to the global data center industry.
Ciaran Flanagan, Global Head of ABB’s Data Center Business explains: “As larger data centers push power requirements ever higher, demand for scalable and redundant power solutions continues to grow. The vast amount of energy consumed by these data centers means that every percentage point improvement in efficiency brings with it cost savings. More importantly it also supports our sustainability commitments. MegaFlex DPA has been created in response to increasing power demands and cleverly combines the highest efficiency ratings with the smallest footprint. We are excited to showcase this pioneering new product together with our broader portfolio of electrification and digital solutions for efficient and reliable data center operations.”
Key features of the MegaFlex UPS solution from ABB include:
- Standardized power distribution architectures in compliance with the Uptime Institute classification system and EN 50600
- High-efficiency converters in VFI (Voltage Frequency Independent) mode with up 97.4 percent efficiency, driving up cost savings and improving energy consumption
- Portability- server rack can be moved into position simply and safely with an onsite pallet truck
- Compatible with either lithium-ion or VRLA (valve-regulated lead-acid battery) for external storage
- Optional redundant power capacity of 1,000 kW N+1 and 1250 kW N+1
- The graphical system display allows the operator to display measurements, events and alarm
- Connectivity for optional communication boards including SNMP, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RS-485
- Provides up to 6 MW and satisfies the “six-nines” requirement for today’s most demanding data centers.
ABB is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four, customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 144,000 employees.